'EDC' is a simple acronym for 'Every Day Carry'. In this case it is a kit of things I daily carry with me and helped me in many situations. There are hundreds of kit variations out there, but the exciting part is to put together your personal kit. I've been carrying this kit for at least 4 years with me and the kit of tools has often changed over the last years.
Don't let us lose more time, here is the overview of my current kit:
1. Crowbar + cutter knife multitoolThis is my oldest tool I own. It is simply a mini crowbar, with a cutter knife, a bottle opener and a cross screwdriver. It is rock solid and the blades of the knife are replaceble.
2. Zip tiesEveryone needs them. Nobody has them. ~10cm/ ~4in long.
3. USB card readerCard reader for SD & micro SD cards.
4. 32GB USB stickThis USB stick serves multiple purposes. I've put music on it for car, use it to transfer data from A to B or lend it out to someone.
5. USB condomThis device prevent data exchange between devices. When I want to charge my phone in a hotel lobby or in a rented car I use this USB condom. This prevents any data leakage or 'juice jacking'.
6. MoneyYou'll never know. Has already helped me a few times.
7. 3,5mm jack cableI am not a big fan of Bluetooth. Useful for the car or almost any sound system to connect your phone with.
8. 3,5mm jack Y adapterI only used it once, but I like to have it with me.
9. Micro USB cableCharging & data transfer.
10. Ethernet cableI think this one is obvious.
11. CarabinerAttach the kit to your belt, secure load in a truck, attach a tripod to your backpack... Endless possibilities.
12. Container for small stuffContent: 3,5mm jack to USB typ-c, micro USB to USB typ-c, smartphone sim/SD card slot opener, multitool in a size of a credit card.
13. HeadphonesSecond pair of headphones. Really important.
14. Permanent marker blackGets stolen every 2 weeks. Nevertheless very helpful.
15. SuperglueTrust me, I use at least one per month. We break a lot of stuff...
16. Can't name itThis tool was part of a smartphone repair kit. Used it a couple of times to open or break things. It is a really small crowbar.
17. TweezerTo be honest: I need this tweezer more often than I thought.